What does hypnosis feel like?
A question that moves many people. Hypnosis is still a mystery for many people. As familiar as this natural state is to us, many people have just as much respect for it. Therefore, we are asked again and again, how this state can be described during a hypnosis session most likely.
Hypnosis and trance - this is how it feels to be hypnotized
Most likely, hypnosis or trance can be compared to the state just before falling asleep and just after waking up. A kind of dozing off or daydreaming in a completely natural state of relaxation. Being in hypnosis is also a pleasant, deeply relaxed state. To help you better engage with hypnosis and your inner world, you will have your eyes closed during hypnosis while being awake and conscious. You will hear the voice of the hypnotherapist throughout the session and you will be able to speak for yourself. You are in full control at all times. If you wanted to, you could end the hypnosis at any time. It is effective, relaxed state in which you are highly focused and your attention is directed inward. You are less "away" in the process or even a state resembling unconsciousness. You only tell things that you really want to say.
This is how hypnosis feels - the most important trance phenomena in hypnosis by which you recognize hypnosis
Hypnosis Trance Phenomena
- Deep heaviness or lightness can be felt.
- There may be a feeling of pleasant rigidity in the body or sometimes small, jerky movements take place.
- A feeling of warmth, coolness or a mixture of these can spread.
- Dream-like images may appear before the inner eye, which may also resemble hallucinatory images.
- Deep relaxation with simultaneous concentration and focus on the essentials can be observed.
- The inner milieu is harmonized and balanced.
- Perception changes with regard to the sense of time and space and one's own body perception.
- The muscles relax.
- Bowel sounds may be increased.
- The breath deepens and becomes calmer.
- The pulse rate changes and slows down.
- Movements slow down.
- The vegetative system can be influenced like blood circulation or blood pressure.
- Read more about the state in trance here: How can I tell if I was in trance?
The effect of Hypnotherapy
More information about hypnosis and the effect of this method on humans here: